Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday

 Hi Stampers!
Thanks for stopping by. Doesn't the title of this post somehow indicate that I may continue with Tuesday Tutorials? Hmmm...Wonder if that will happen!?!?!?   You know, I had a LOT of the Season of Style designer series Paper Stack (132181) left with this Crumb Cake with Whisper White dot on it. It just did not say "Christmas" to me but it definitely says "Birthday".  To make this card, I used:
Crumb Cake (126975)
Pool Party (126982)
Pink Pirouette (126956) Ink
and the same colors of cardstock along with a little Old Olive cardstock scraps for the leaves.
I am not going to lie...this uses a LOT of punches! I used the following punches:
2-3/8" Scallop Circle 118874
1-3/4" Scallop Circle 119854
3/4" Circle Punch  119873
Large Oval Punch 119855
Artisan Label Punch 130920
Bird Builder Punch 117191 (leaves)

 Plus, I used the Chevron embossing folder (127749) and a framelit from the Apothecary Accents set of framelits (127003)
 As you can see, I sponged around every piece of cardstock on this card.
 To be sure everything was lined up, I laid the Pool Party Seam Binding (125582) on my Grid Paper (130148) at one inch then placed my designer paper face down lining up the outside and bottom edge to the grid paper. I ran a little Snail (104332) vertically along the outside edges, and bent the ribbon around, catching it on the Snail adhesive.
 As seen in the photo above, 1) after sponging the Artisan punched piece, I cut it in half and used Tombow to adhere it to the back of the Crumb Cake piece. 2) The dimensionals are strategically placed to support the attached piece and ALSO catch a part of the Seam Binding Ribbon to hold it in place on the front of the card.

 NOW...to make the flower!  I started with Strawberry Sluch 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim Ribbon.
 I started rolling the ribbon, very tight at the onset and continued wrapping it around and around until it was about 3/4" in diameter.
 I punched a 3/4" circle from Strawberry Slush card stock (although this photo makes it look orange) Ugh.
 Then, I got a scrap piece of Sticky Sheets. These are retired but not we have the EASIER Sticky Rounds (127852). If you do not have either of these, you can simply line sticky strip onto your circle....more time consuming but, doable.
 I used the circle I punched in the card stock to trace a circle onto the back of my Sticky Sheet
 Then cut it out.

 Now I had one 3/4" round piece of card stock and the same size double sided sticky!
 I removed the white side and placed it on my card stock circle then, when ready can remove the orange side and it be ready for the flower to be placed onto it.
 Here is a photo showing that the twisted 'round ribbon should be the same size as your sticky circle.
 To stop winding, cut the ribbon and add a glue dot.
 Next I placed it on the sticky round.
 Then I mooshed (is that a word?) it out with my fingers to make it "fuller."
 Finally, I added the little leaves from the Bird Builder punch.

Hope you liked my tutorial on making the Ruffled Stretched Trim Ribbon Flowers. If you did, why not leave me a comment. That would make my day!!
Thanks again for stopping by!
Happy Stampin'!
Judy

1 comment:

  1. L O V E this ribbon...and the flower is fabulous! Thanks for the detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete