Tuesday, March 29, 2016

An Awesomely Artistic Open Heart in Sympathy


Hello Stampers!!
I know we do not really like to make sympathy cards but I find I am needing a lot of them lately.  When creating a sympathy card, I want to keep the colors on the more muted side while not making a completely bleak card because I, along with offering my condolences, want to offer a ray of hope too.
So, on this card, I used a Night of Navy base with Very Vanilla panel. The bird from An Open Heart was stamped first onto the card using Soft Suede Ink.  Then, I masked the bird with a post-it note which I had stamped and cut out. I also masked below the feet of the bird with a plain Post-It note. The flowers from Awesomely Artistic, as well as the sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers were stamped  with Night of Navy ink.  Although very difficult to photograph, I used Gold Wink of Stella on the centers of the flowers and on the bird's beak.  I used Clear Wink of Stella to brush over the top of his body. This had a very nice blending effect on the Soft Suede ink, making the top half of the bird glimmer and appear darker than the belly.  The 5/8" Gold Satin ribbon finished the card off perfectly.
This is the inside. I combined the sentiments from An Open Heart with the Thoughts and Prayers sentiment. I think using the Curvy Corner Trio punch on the top two corners added to the inside of this card.
I hope you will make this so you can see how beautiful the Wink of Stella makes this card. Below is a list of the supplies I used. Please click on the icons to order from me. Thank You.


No comments:

Post a Comment