Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Stampers Dozen Blog Hop - FALL

Hello Stampers! 
Thank you for joining the Stampers Dozen Blog Hop today! 
When it gets to be October, Fall is in the air and there are two things that come quickly to mind here in South Texas.  The first, of course is Halloween and second (but certainly NOT in second place) is hunting! So, I decided to combine the two thoughts and I came up with this card using the Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. (Note: this folder is currently back-ordered but many are expected soon so order yours TODAY to get in line)

Now, for how to do this...Ink up the deer from Jolly Christmas with Early Espresso and stamp it onto the Sizzix side of the inside of the embossing folder. Next  stamp the trees from Wonderland on the same side of the embossing folder in Garden Green. Carefully pick up the embossing folder and place the Crumb Cake cardstock on the uninked side to allow for aligning in the desired position. Then close the folder and run it through the Big Shot. TIP: run the embossing folder under running water to clean; pat dry.  Use a Sponge Dauber to highlight the newly embossed trees with Soft Suede ink. The sentiment (a little play on words) came from the Cheer All Year stamp set and I used the Hexagon punch to banner the ends.

A confession: If you look closely, you will see some white ink on a couple trees. After finding that my Craft White ink pad was dry and my refill was empty, I opted to use Soft Suede to highlight the trees. (We don't see many White Birch trees here anyway. :-) 

Here is the inside...a great card to give to your hunting family and friends.

You can always click on my photos to see them larger.
I hope you like this card. Below is a list of all the supplies I used for the card. If you need to order any of the supplies, simply click on the image to be taken to my on-line store.
Thanks again for stopping by. Now on to Patty's blog.
http://www.stamppattys.com/2015/10/happy-fall-birthday-and-blog-hop.html
http://www.carolpaynestamps.com/2015/10/stampin-up-stampers-dozen-blog-hop-october-edition-theme-fall.html

4 comments:

  1. Love your card. Thanks for sharing the technique. I am going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! Let me know how it turns out. I will be checking your blog for a posting! :-)

      Delete