Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Painted Floral Birthday

Hello Stampers!
Today I want to share a card I made for a Leadership swap.  I made 32 of these so I learned a few tips to share with you. Here is the "recipe" for this card:

Stamps: Petal Potpourri (Occasions catalog "OC" pg 23, Butterfly Basics (OC pg 26)
Card stock and Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Whisper White
Other: Spring Flowers Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (OC pg 19), Flower Medallion punch (OC pg 23), 7/8" Scallop Circle punch (Annual Catalog "AC" pg 220), Handheld 1/4" circle punch (AC pg 223), Stampin' Sponges (AC pg 210), Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Multipurpose Liquid glue (AC pg 204), scoring tool. 

Now, let me thank Connie Stewart for inspiring me with her "flash card" idea. I used the "flash cards" (4" x 2-1/2" layered onto 4-1/4 x 2-3/4) for the center of my focal point. Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper (OC pg.19) was layered onto Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
I used a Stampin' Pierce mat to stamp all the flower pieces onto Whisper White card stock then punched them out. Because each card needed 2 leaves, I needed to find an efficient way to make them, sponge them and adhere them. Here is my tip:
I used some 1-1/2 inch scraps of Old Olive card stock that was left from a different project.
 Used my Simply Scored to score at 3/4" (in half)

 Next I put the scored strip into the Flower Medallion punch being sure to line the score marks up with the tip of the larger petals as shown.

 I cut the excess off with my snips leaving a nice size piece to hold onto while sponging both ends with Old Olive ink.
 Once sponged, I cut it into the two leaves I needed per card. This saved a bunch of time! A tiny dab of multipurpose liquid glue held the leaves to the back of the flower. Glue dots would also work.
On the flower itself, the 1/4" circle was adhered with a glue dot and the Daffodil center was adhered with dimensionals. Also, the entire flower was adhered to the card front with dimensionals.
Finally the sentiment was stamped onto a 1" strip of Whisper White and layered onto a 1-1/4" piece of Blackberry bliss. Dimensionals used to adhere this piece as well.
Let me know if you have any questions.
THANK YOU for stopping by again today!
Happy Stampin'!
Judy







No comments:

Post a Comment