Friday, November 14, 2014

Stampers Dozen Blog Hop - Happy Holidays


Hello Stampers!
It is that busy time of the year again when all the hustle and bustle starts! THANK YOU for hopping along our blogs today!! I hope you will be inspired to make a few hand-crafted gifts and cards for those special people in your life at this special time of year. 

When I saw the new photo-polymer stamp set "Gentle Peace" (139523), I knew I wanted to make it look as close to a stained glass window as possible. The most difficult part of this blog post was trying to get a photo that shows the dazzle of  "stained glass window" of the Holy Family. You will have to try to imagine what this looks like in real life. Now, let me tell ya, I would not want to do 50 of these to mail out but I would definitely consider doing several to give to some of the most special people in my life. Here it is...

 
I stamped the image in Memento black ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  I used Ivory skin tone and Blush skin tone, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive sets of Blendabilities to color the image. After coloring, I used the pad to paper technique to cover the entire image with Versamark then covered with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heated it. Like MAGIC, it was turned from a colored picture into a stained glass window  (I LOVE embossing!!)  The image was cut out and mounted onto the Cherry Cobbler card base with dimensionals. I hope you can see that the card base was embossed with the Filigree Frame Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (pg 15 of the Holiday Catalog) This folder and stamp set seem meant for each other! 

Then, to finish the card, I stamped the inside...



...and colored the star with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities. Just for fun and sparkle, I added a tiny star left over from punching Silver glimmer paper with the Confetti Stars Punch. I am happy with this card. It "blings" inside and out and focuses on the real reason for the season.  I hope you will try this for yourself!

Now it is time to click "Next" to go over to Patty Chenail's blog or "Previous" to go to Carol Payne's blog.  ENJOY all the blogs and be inspired! Happy Holidays to all!
http://www.stamppattys.com/2014/11/happy-holiday-blog-hop.html

http://www.carolpaynestamps.com/2014/11/stampers-dozen-blog-hop-november-edition-happy-holidays.html



1 comment: