Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stampers Dozen Blog Hop - October - Grateful



Hello Stampers!
Welcome to another edition of the Stampers Dozen Blog Hop! If you are starting here, be sure to click on the "Next Blog" button on the bottom of each blogger's post to take you to the next blog. You will not want to miss any of the posts this month!
My card is one I cased from Liz Keehn, one of my amazingly talented downline. She is on Stampin' Connection for those of you who have access to it. Check out her samples! Liz made a card very similar to this one while on our retreat in August. Although I have used the Positively Chevron background stamp, she originally used Handcarved. I think both work well.

The colors look a little skewed in this photo. The supplies used are listed at the end of this post. The Chevron background looks like it was stamped with some sort of brown but it is actually Hello Honey stamped (second generation) onto Hello Honey. The leaves are the 2014-2016 In Colors stamped in Versamark and embossed with silver or gold embossing powder the cut out with the matching framelit dies.  The following photo shows the detail better.
The burlap ribbon is adhered with Fuse Fast and the leaves are secured with glue dots. I hope you are inspired to make this card and send it to someone you are grateful for. They will FLIP! I know I would!! True Confession:  I fail miserably telling people I love how grateful I am that they are in my life. Well, with Thanksgiving around the corner, now is a good time for me to get started making cards to voice my gratitude to those I take so for granted! I challenge you to join me.

Recipe:
Stamps: Four Feathers, Let Your Hair Down (hostess set),  Positively Chevron
Card stock: Mossy Mellow, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss and Tangelo Twist
Ink: Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Versamark
Other: Feathers Framelits dies, 1-1/4" Burlap ribbon, Tangelo Twist 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Silver embossing powder, Gold embossing powder, Fast Fuse, Mini glue dots.
Continue past the Next and Previous buttons to order the supplies you need for this card.

Now, you are ready to go on to Patty Chenail's blog or back up to Carol Payne's.


http://www.carolpaynestamps.com/2014/10/stampin-up-stampers-dozen-blog-hop-october-edition-thankfully-grateful.htmlhttp://www.stamppattys.com/2014/10/grateful-for-you-blog-hop.html

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty idea using the feathers as leaves...thank you for the extra picture that really shows the colors of embossing!

    ReplyDelete