Monday, September 29, 2014

Vegas Stratosphere

Hi Stampers,
It is getting very close to the time that my youngest son is going to get married in Las Vegas. This is the invitation for the rehearsal dinner at the Stratosphere. The sky was brayered with Marina Mist and then the mountains sponged in. The city-scape is from the "Calling All Heros" photopolymer set that was new last month. I had to stamp it twice and, quite nicely, the stratosphere is placed at the junction and covers any minor imperfections.  The windows of the buildings are colored with a Daffodil Delight blendabilities marker. The "You're Invited" is from the very first stamp set I ever bought, Sincere Salutations. Still have it. Still use it. Still love it.  I really had fun designing this card. Hope you try your luck at brayering and sponging.
Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

P.S. Someone asked me how I did the Stratosphere. I "googled" images of stratosphere Las Vegas and found a photo with silhouettes of four towers that compare height. I printed that out, cut out the Stratosphere, adhere it to Basic Black card stock with "Dotto", cut it out and then adhered to card with Tombow multipurpose adhesive. TRUE CONFESSION: I tried my hand at carving a stamp and failed miserably. Since I love to fussy cut, cutting 15 of these was no problem whatsoever! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment