Monday, November 1, 2010

My Christmas House

 
 
Hi Stampers! 
OH MY GOODNESS!! What FUN I had making this Christmas house!! It is made extremely easy by Stampin' Up!  because they have a kit in the Holiday mini that sells for ONLY $5.95!  The kit includes all the pieces, cut, scored and ready to decorate and assemble (oh, and the doorknob).  I added Candy Cane Christmas (120809) designer series paper for the walls with Real Red card stock embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder (119976) for the roof. I even made the snow! It is PAPER! Gotta show you that trick sometime!! To view and order, click on the House Kit .
You will see that the decoration above the door was copied right out of the Holiday Mini catalog. Different ideas came from different houses I have seen on-line. (TIP: if you click on any of the photos, they will enlarge for you to take a better look)
The wreath on this side of the house was made from the Flower Burst embosslit (114515) with a 3/4" circle punched out of the middle then, tiny red circles (from the 1/16" circle punch) were added along with the 1/8" taffeta ribbon.  If you look closely, you will see Mom and Dad decorating the tree inside the window. 

There - I tried to get in a little closer for you. There is an electric tea light lit on the inside of the house. I stamped the silhouettes from Welcome Christmas (118736) in Basic Black ink onto vellum cardstock which is standing up inside the house. I just could not get the camera to cooperate with me to show how precious it looks with the twinkling light on inside. All the window sills have Silver Glass Glitter (120995) on them. 

This time the bells from Bells and Boughs (120831) were embossed with gold embossing powder and colored with Stampin' Write Markers, cut out and dimensionaled to the house. 
Finally, let me give you a close up of the roof with the "snow" on it...


I hope you like my house enough to try one yourself! If you want to order just the kit, shipping and handling will be more than the kit costs. In that case, email me and I will add it to a party order so you can pay just 10% shipping ($.60) instead of the $6.95 minimum.  If enough people order these, maybe we can set a day aside to get together and make them. It is always more fun creating with others than alone! Let me know your wishes.
Happy Stampin'! 
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment