Sunday, December 27, 2009

New Year's Gift Idea...

OK. So, we have Christmas Day past us. Now we can just enjoy the true 12 days of Christmas, right? Oh...AND the next holiday...NEW YEAR'S DAY, one that welcomes in a NEW DECADE! Seems like just the other day was the "new millenium." How time flies!


With a new year comes the need for new calendars. I spent considerable time trying to locate to whom I should give credit for this calendar however, was unsuccessful. Even though I changed many things, I would still like to give credit to the original designer who inspired me so, if it was you, please leave me a comment and I will post your name and blog address. THE BEAUTY OF THIS CALENDAR IS THAT IT FITS INTO A REGULAR STAMPIN' UP! ENVELOPE FOR MAILING.

To make this calendar, first cut a base card from black card stock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" then score at 4 1/4" . Cut four different colored panels 4 x 5 1/4". For this calendar I used Almost Amethyst, Old Olive, Whisper White and Dusty Durango and chose some Designer Series Paper (DSP) that matched those colors. For Jan-Mar: Night and Day DSP, April-June Cottage Wall DSP, July-Sep Holiday Lounge DSP and finally, Oct-Dec Autumn Traditions DSP. You can download the calendar here. ***BE SURE TO REDUCE IT TO 80% BEFORE PRINTING IT*** on Whisper White card stock.

For this calendar, I used the "Trendy Trees" stamp set, changing how I stamped each one to coincide with the seasons; After stamping the tree on Whisper White, punch with 1- 3/8" circle punch and adhere to a scalloped circle punched from Basic Black card stock. You can see in the photos that the calendar is mounted on black card stock before adhering to the card. Add a 2" strip of designer series paper at the top of the colored panel. Mount the scalloped circle onto the card/calendar using Stampin' dimensionals.


After getting everything assembled, use the small circle punch on the Crop-A-Dile to punch through all layers. I lined up my holes with Monday and Friday of the month in the middle.


Finally, thread black gingham checked ribbon from Stampin' Up! through the holes and tie so that the card can stand up on its own.
TIP: When assembling, be sure that consecutive months will be on the outside panels when standing and, the next consecutive months are on the inside. This will allow a person to only untie and re-tie the ribbon once...after six months.

Need supplies to make this calendar? Email me at judyghome@suddenlink.net or SHOP ON-LINE NOW to order.

ENJOY! And, I wish you all the best in 2010!!
Happy Stampin',
Judy

2 comments:

  1. Yowza! What a handy little project! Thanks for including the downloadable calendar, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a nice gift idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete