Saturday, February 16, 2013

Masculine Card Class

Hello Stampers!
     First of all, let me apologize for the long hiatus from blogging. Life got in the way of me posting. I had fallen into a slump after losing my mother in November last year. It seemed like I was playing catch up every day, through the Holidays and beyond. I have made a commitment to myself to post 2-3 times per week now.
     So, with that being said, let's talk about one of the cards available to make at my Masculine Card Buffet (February 21 from 1-3pm or from 6:30-9:30).  This card, as well as all the cards in the buffet, will be suitable for Dad's (or man's) Birthday or Father's Day. One is even appropriate as a card to invite guys to be groomsmen! This card, inspired by Dawn Ochefski,  uses an Early Espresso base followed by a piece of Crumb Cake embossed with the Argyle embossing folder. The paper pieced shoe is mounted on Very Vanilla and Soft Suede. I stamped the shoe with Early Espresso on Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy and Soft Suede then cut and pasted the blue pieces and the sole. The #1 is stamped on Very Vanilla and punched out with the 1/2" circle punch then mounted on Marina Mist stamped with E. Espresso and punched out with the new 7/8" scallop circle punch. Finally, this was glue-dotted (that IS a compound word, right?) onto one of the Silver Basic Designer buttons. 'dad' was stamped from the Family Reunion stamp set and the shoe, of course, came from Dapper Dad.  This is one of the more "fussy" cards to choose from at my upcoming buffet. Visit my demonstrator website for details and to RSVP.  Until later,
Happy Stampin'!,
Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment