Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Papaya Collage

Hi Stampers!
It has been a while since I posted. Sorry about that. Just got busy!!  I was inspired to post by the SUO Challenge team.  They pointed out that approximately 20% of Stampin' Up!'s stamp sets have a bird (or birds) in them and challenged us to create a card using a bird stamp of some kind. So, here is my "For the Birds" card. I used the Papaya Collage set, gold embossing the frame onto Very Vanilla cardstock then masking it off. Reverse masking, I added the sun using Daffodil Delight, So Saffron and More Mustard with a sponge. Taking the reverse mask off, I lightly sponged Daffodil Delight around the sun and Bashful Blue on the rest of the area. Next I stamped the bird with Basic Gray then masked him off and stamped the leaves in Old Olive and Always Artichoke. The focal piece is then mounted onto Basic Gray and Brushed Gold card stock and applied to the Old Olive Card. I LOVE this set! I can see lots of possibilities!   Finally, the sentiment was stamped in Basic Gray from the Loving Thoughts stamp set. Enjoy!

Happy Stampin'!
Judy

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. Love what you did with this stamp set. Thanks for joining the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I especially like how you explained how to you put it all together. Thanks for joining with the SUO Challenge Design Team this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another fabulous bird stamp from SU! Love how you have used it! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete