Friday, March 25, 2011

A New Award!!

Wow!  I have never gotten a blog award before!  I am so excited!!!  Kim Evans over at Stamping with Kim!  has given me the "Stylish Blogger Award"! Thank you, thank you Kim!  I am SO EXCITED to receive this award!
 Stylish Blogger Award_edited-1

There are some rules when a blog receives the award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Give the award to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award

8 Facts About Me
1.  I was born & raised in Forreston, Illinois, a very small farming town in Northern Illinois (but got to Texas as fast as I could-LOL)
2.  I am an R.N. and have managed a Family Practice clinic for 30 years.
3.  I studied German for five years (and was fluent)  before I met my husband, Pablo, at a hospital in Chicago. He immigrated from Mexico in 1954 and his mother did not speak English. Back to school to learn Spanish! ~Darn the luck~
3.  I have four children. Three sons and one daughter, all grown. *AND* my very first grandchild - Belle Sophia was born November 30, 2010.
4.  I had NEVER done ANY stamping or scrapbooking until 2007 when my friend helped me make rehearsal dinner invitations for my son's wedding.  In fact, I thought I had had a "creative by-pass" at a very early age. LOL!!
5.  I do not smoke, drink, do illicit drugs nor cheat on my husband. I just play with paper and ink...and LOVE it!  I have been richly blessed with many new friendships as a result of becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator
6.  I am the "Founder" of my Stampin' Up! downline group named SOUTH TEXAS BIG SHOTS. Hope that explains Kim's comment.(smile)
7. I have two Schnauzers. Their names are Buddy and Chico. I hope that one day I can live up to how wonderful THEY think I am!!
8.  I am leaving on an all expense paid cruise to Alaska with my husband in May, compliments of Stampin' Up! (which is a fabulous company to work with/for).

Now, the difficult part of the award - passing it on!!  There are soooo many stamping sites out there that I love to visit, that makes it hard to narrow it down to only 8.  I hope you visit them all & enjoy them as much as I do!!  Oh, and please leave a comment!  Everyone needs some blog lovin' from time to time!! You can also mention I sent you so they know where all the "strangers" are coming from (grin).
Thank you, Kim, for this award!!  Just when I thought no one was looking...
Thank you for making my day!!!
And now, I pass this award on to:
1)  Penny, over at penquinstamper is a dear friend I made through Stampin' Up! We actually met several times...in the airport...going to and coming from Stampin' Up! events. She is absolutely delightful and shows Clean and Classy cards. My favorite line on her blog is: To Stamp or Not To Stamp...what a stupid question! LOL!!!!!
2)  My new-found friend, Kirsteen, at Creatin' with Kirsteen  She is a very talented stamper and has on-line videos and tons of great projects on her site. Be sure to check her out and don't forget that you can put a tip in her "tip jar" if you find yourself getting ideas for your workshops at her site! She has given me great ideas and saved me a ton of time! You will want to visit her today!
3)  My friend Angela, over at Creative Designs by Angela got really involved with stamping while preparing for her destination wedding. She has awesome wedding ideas and so much more.
4) Like scrapbooking and 3-D? Go to my friend Nyla's blog at "SHERWOODstamp4U"  She is a VERY talented stamper!!  She has an awesome blog. You will not be disappointed!
5) France Martin is a fabulous stamper and teacher! She has tons of video tutorials on her website. Visit her at Stamp and Scrap with Frenchie Be sure to tell her I said 'hello'.
6) For some fun, visit You're Invited which is Natasha's blog. She is one multi-talented woman! Be sure to scroll to some of her "Older Posts" to see the brayered cards she has posted!
7) Let me not forget one of my secret mentors, Gretchen Barron, who I met on a shuttle bus on the way to a stamping convention.  I CASED her heavily for months on end. She is quite delightful and does a stellar job on her blog, Inspiration in Action. Visit her today!
8) And last, but certainly not least, Diana Gibbs who I met at Founders' Circle. Her blog, Stamping with Di & everyday this 'n that  is a great one where her light hearted, happy character shines. She is a fabulous stamper and I know you will enjoy her site. 
Thank you all, very much,  for visiting my site!!  As you can see, I blog when I can then, get really busy then, get back to it. I love getting your comments! Please check back often. Happy Stampin'!  Judy

2 comments: