Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To My Valentine




 
Hi Stampers!!
If the truth be known, this is probably going to be my husband's valentine from me this year. I think it is safe posting it here as I really don't think he frequents this site but...I thank YOU for visiting!!
Now that Christmas is over, it is time to think of Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, My birthday...(JK), Mother's Day and fun Spring and Summery cards. Today's card is a "Shadow Box" card using Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray and Real Red card stock along with the Love Impressions DSP and the FABULOUS GLIMMER PAPER!! **TODAY** is the first day to click here to view the Occasions Mini Catalog and place an order. You will want to order this glimmer paper early! I don't see how they could possibly stock enough for all of us!! (teehee). I used a tutorial from SplitcoastStampers to make the shadow box. I stamped the front of the shadow box with the French Filigree background stamp(pg 142, 113742, $17.95) in Basic Gray classic ink onto Pink Pirouette cardstock. This card uses two 5.5"x4.25" pieces of cardstock (exactly 1/4 sheet of cardstock), scored on the short side at 1/2" and 1" bilaterally.  The back panel has a 3.5" x 4.25" piece of DSP adhered to it and then a 3-D heart punched from the Glimmer Paper. YES, punches work very well on the Glimmer paper!! YAY!!!!!
Because I do not have the 3"circle nor the 3.5" circle dies YET, I used the 2-3/8" scallop circle punch (twice) to make the opening. The tiny words were printed on my computer then punched out with the Medium Jewelry Tag punch (pg 202, 117190, $10.95) and pierced with the paper piercer.  Linen thread holds the tiny tags and the FABULOUS little Trinket Key (pg 24 of Occ Mini, 121892)
Now, I admit, I would not want to make this card in quantity but I had FUN playing with all the new things I have gotten so far from the Occasions Mini. And...after all...it IS going to someone QUITE special!!

Be sure to mark January 16th, 2pm on your calendar and plan to attend the ALL NEW "Fancy Folds and Motion" class. In the class, you will receive 6x6 pages with directions which will be put in one of our 6x6 scrapbook albums along with a sample card.
Till next time...
Happy Stampin'!
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment