Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Single Layer Card from Vegas

 
Hi Stampers!
Today's post is another card I photographed while in Las Vegas at my upline's house. Barbara Vogt did this SINGLE LAYER card using the reverse masking technique. In other words, she cut a circle in a piece of paper and then placed the paper over the cardstock, sponging color through that circle. With the paper still in place, the background stamp was used. Finally, after removing that "reverse mask" piece of paper, she stamped the flower from "Of the Earth" and the sentiment from "Short and Sweet."  Very easy, quick card that looks awesome. If you haven't made a single layer card, I challenge you to do one and send me a link to a photo of it. I will be happy to post your work.
Happy Stampin'!
Judy
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Judy, I am so flattered. I didn't know you were taking all these photos! I really do love single layer cards...they can be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judy, for sharing this photo! As always, Barbara has created an elegant work of art with just ink and stamps!
    Linda Pugh

    ReplyDelete