Tuesday, May 25, 2010

End of School



 
Hi Stampers!
This little desk was inspired  by "Brenda" from Hawaii.  It would make an AWESOME teacher appreciation gift. Any teacher would be tickled to receive it. I made it as a "Congratulations" gift for my daughter who is completely her first full year as a full-time 5th-6th grade teacher.

Brenda's desk was built from a pattern she purchased.
I made my 'desk' using the matchbox die. I cut six matchboxes and, after adding a little designer series paper to the drawer front and a Chocolate Chip corduroy button brad for the drawer pull, I glued three boxes together, one on top of the other using Tombow Multi glue. The boxes were further reinforced by adding a strip of card stock around the entire stack, gluing it together on the bottom. For the desk top, I used the thin cardboard from the back of the designer paper packaging and glued a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock to each side then glued it to the top of both towers. TIP: Set the towers the distance apart you want them on your grid sheet. Be sure they were square by lining them up on front and inside edges on the grid lines. Then you will know how far apart they are SUPPOSED to be.
Finally, I added a 1/2" wide, Z-folded piece of card stock covered cardboard to brace the towers from leaning into each other. The inside measurement is the distance you originally set the towers apart from each other.
These directions are difficult to put in words. If these instructions do not make sense to you and you are interested in making one, please email or, better yet, call me and I can try to explain further.

Happy Stampin'!
Judy

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great teacher gift -- could do them in the school colors (!!!) -- and would be so cute for office gifts too. I can see doing these next April for Administrative Professionals Day!!!
    Thanks for Sharing!
    Linda Pugh

    ReplyDelete