Friday, May 7, 2010

Decorate Brads with Craft Ink

 
 Hi Stampers! 
Today I am going to show you how to make Craft In-Color Ink. As you know, our In-Colors are only sold in Classic Ink. However, I wanted to use Melon Mambo to stamp on a Jumbo brad so I made my own. I saw this somewhere a long time ago and cannot remember whose tutorial I saw it in...maybe even on Splitcoast Stampers. Anyway, here are the supplies you will need: Plastic bowl, Classic In-Color re-inker, CRAFT WHITE ink refill , a Jumbo brad, Stamp, sponge dauber and toothpick (or something else tiny to stir with).

 
Put a drop or two of the White Craft Re-inker in the bowl. 

 
Add equal drops of classic re-inker (or, if you want, add an extra. Just experiment)
 
Use the toothpick to stir
Stir that together VERY thoroughly.  

Then, use a sponge dauber to pick up the ink
And put it on the stamp.
I put the brad onto the stamp rather than stamping onto the brad. (I hope that makes sense when you look at the photo.
 
Finally, because the craft ink takes "forever" to dry, I used my heat tool to speed up the process. 

I then used the brad in the center of the Big Shot Daisy flower. As you can
 probably see in the picture, my ink was a little light. That is because I only used 1:2 drops ink
 to re-inker. When I did it for a class, we used 2:2 and it turned out better.
 Hope you get a chance to try making your own designer brads!
 Happy Stampin'!
Judy
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You are too clever! I have to try this...good way to use those big brads! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete