Thursday, December 14, 2017

Stampers Dozen Blog Hop - Non-Traditional Christmas




Howdy Stampers!
Are you ready for Christmas? Ready or not...here it comes!!!  Did you arrive from the talented Carol Payne's blog? Isn't she fantastic!?!  Lots of inspiration on this hop...to be sure!!This month our blog hop is a challenge to make a Christmas card not using the two traditional Christmas colors...red and green.
The card I made uses Soft Suede paired with Crumb Cake, White and Gold.  I used the Night in Bethlehem bundle. Did you notice the four rows of pierced dots? Do you know how I added those holes??  If you think I used my piercing tool and my steady hand, you are absolutely WRONG. LOL!!  I used a (largely overlooked) thinlit from the Swirly Snowflakes. The long thin piece with all the little holes in a row. I love the look it gives when the Crumb Cake card base shows through the Soft Suede card stock.  Then, of course no one can go wrong using glitzy gold. The sentiment was gold heat embossed onto a 1" piece of scrap Whisper White card stock then punched out with the Everyday Label punch. Here is a close up view followed by the measurements.

Stamps: Night in Bethlehem
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Whisper White and Year of Cheer designer series paper
Ink: Soft Suede, Versamark
Accessories: Stitched Shape framelits, Bethlehem framelits, Swirly Snowflakes thinlits, Foil Snowflakes, Everyday Label punch, Dimensionals, Multipurpose glue.

Measurements: 
Crumb Cake: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" scored at 4-1/4"
Soft Suede: 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
Designer paper: 5-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Whisper White: 2-1/2" square for stitched framelit and at least 1" strip for sentiment
Gold Foil: scrap for star

I hope you have been inspired to try the over looked thinlit in Swirly Snowflakes to add interest to a card.  I wish each and every one of you a wonderful, love filled Christmas Season!
Now, you will want to hop over to  Rachel Yurkanin's blog to see what ideas she has for you! 

If you do not have a demonstrator and would like to order supplies to make this card, click on an icon below to go to my on-line store.  THANK YOU for stopping by today!
Judy 



2 comments: