Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Stamper Dozen Blog Hop - I Do

Hello! And, welcome to this month's Stampers Dozen Blog Hop! I am glad you stopped by and hope you will take a few minutes to see all the incredible "I Do" creations by hopping along using the "Next" or "Previous" buttons at the end of this post.  Unless you started here, you have arrived from Carol Payne's blog. I got to meet this delightful woman on the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation last week. She is as sweet as she is talented...VERY! 
Let me get right to the point of you being here...my "I Do" creation...
The way I see it, we all have weddings to attend and gifts to give. The versatile "Daydream Medallions" stamp set  came in quite handy in making a gift card holder for the bride and groom.
This card can be made with the couple's wedding colors. And, just for the record, I am NOT giving the couple a gift card to the Olive Garden. Just happened to have this gift card for demonstration purposes! Following is a step by step tutorial showing the "how to". There is one thing I would do differently on this card if I were to make it again. See if you can guess what it might be. 
  I started with a 3" x 12" piece of Whisper White card stock. I positioned it, as shown above, to cut both ends of the card stock with the second largest Floral Frames framelit.  I only ran the framelit through the Big Shot until the cut was made then, backed it out.
I then scored along the long side at 2" and 7". This makes the card base. It folds closed and the folded ends go to the back of the card. Next, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the Daydream medallions on the card with the NEW 2014-2016 In Colors - Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss and a favorite staple, Pool Party.  I must say I LOVE the new colors. Later this week, I will show some color comparisons so stop back then.
To make the inside gift card pocket, I started with a 2-1/8" x 4-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock, scoring it at 3/8" on three sides. 
Next, I cut the two corners out, at a slight angle. I folded the tabs and used the bone folder to crease them then, opened it and stamped on the opposite side of the card, again using the Stamp-a-ma-jig with the same colors as the outside of the card.
As you can see above, this makes the perfect size for a gift card. Then, to add the finishing touches to the card front...Let's start with the flower.
Experimenting, I used the new In Colors Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss. Start by punching six 1-1/4" scalloped circles. I stacked them together alternating colors. Of course, one could put a solid colored flower on this card too. Even a filter paper flower would be amazing!
After punching and stacking the scalloped circles, I pierced the stack with my paper piercing tool and placed a small, Mini silver brad in it.
Next, I soaked it with water by holding it under the faucet in the sink.
Then I scrunched it up with the brad closure on the bottom and squeezed out the excess water.
Finally, I carefully peeled each layer up and scrunched it in the middle of the flower. When all layers are "scrunched", set aside to dry.

The sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes is stamped with Blackberry Bliss.  I used the Hexagon punch to cut the end of the banners. I added a little bling by adding the Champaign glimmer paper that had been punched out with the Bird Builder punch. 
The card is held closed with the Gold Baker's twine. 
OK, have you guessed what I would do differently? Let me tell you...I would stamp the card in such a way that it would open from the opposite side. (I flipped the card instead of turning the card over...my mistake)
I hope you have enjoyed my little project and hope to see you back on my website shortly. 
From here, you know the drill...click the icon of where you want to go and, if moving forward, will be swooshed off to the blog of Patty Chenail.
http://www.stamppattys.com/2014/05/I-Do-blog-hop.html

 http://www.carolpaynestamps.com/2014/05/stampin-up-stampers-dozen-blog-hop-may-edition-i-do.html

1 comment:

  1. I just love your project for the Blog Hop -- but I want to let you know right away that the "Next Blog" button doesn't work. 'Not sure why. XO Gail XO

    ReplyDelete