Monday, April 14, 2014

Congratulations!

Hello Stampers! 
Thanks for taking the Stampers Dozen Blog Hop! If you arrived from the talented Carol Payne's blog, you will have to agree that she is AMAZING! If you didn't, be sure to click on the "Previous" link below to check it out.  
 I decided to do a quick and easy Congratulations card for a new baby. Of course the colors could be changed to make it appropriate for a little boy or, the stamped image could be changed to one of the Zoo Babies in pink/blue. The only detail that I think might need clarifying is that after I ran the pink card stock through the Hexagon Hive Thinlit die, I ran it through the polka dot embossing folder and then sponged the dots.  Both stamp sets I used can be found on page 56 of the annual catalog and/or ordered here online.
Supply List:
Stamps: BABY PRINTS (128418 wood or 125472 clear), CUDDLES & KISSES (131913 wood or 127314 clear)
Card stock and Ink: Smokey Slate, Pink Pirouette
Other: Hexagon Hive Thinlit, Oval Collection framelits, Pink Pirouette 3/8" taffeta ribbon, stampin' sponges, paper snips, mini glue dots, multipurpose adhesive

In addition, I just HAVE to share this card and envelope with you too. My daughter, Vanessa, will be graduating from the R.N. nursing program and getting "pinned" while I am on the Stampin' Up! Caribbean cruise this year!  I HATE to miss her pinning!  I remember what a momentous and memorable time that was for me SO many years ago.  But, she is okay with it, understanding the amount of effort that goes in to earning the incentive trips.  I am SO VERY PROUD of her!!!! I got my inspiration from Jackie Topa's blog post some time back. The "pin" on this "scrub" is a mini photograph of the actual pin she will be presented. Thanks for letting me share my excitement with you!
Now, click "NEXT" to go to the talented Patty Chenail's blog to be inspired! Thanks again for taking the Stampers' Dozen Blog Hop!
http://www.stamppattys.com/2014/04/congrats-blog-hop.html

http://www.carolpaynestamps.com/2014/04/stampin-up-stampers-dozen-blog-hop-congraduation-congratulations.html


4 comments:

  1. I love this nursing card!!! I need to CASE it and send it to Rachel! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are very well done! Congratulation to your daughter on her upcoming graduation. I can identify with your torn decision....my granddaughter, and her husband, are both RNs, and I'm a retired RN myself. But earning this cruise is an honor for you and YOUR hard work, too! How wonderful that Vanessa is mature enough to recognize that and be glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Sharon. Yes, I am very lucky to have such an understanding daughter! We will party when I get back...to be sure.

      Delete